Mounting External USB Drive
The disk should mount automatically. However, it seems I needed to manually mount my first NTFS formatted drive. As root or via sudo run the following commands.
For more information on identifying the USB drive refer to the Synology documentation on external devices.
NOTE: As of DSM 6.0 these commands no longer work for me. The USB drives are automatically mounted. But I cannot unmount and remount the drive from the command line. A DSM patch may fix this. Or there may be another command I need to find. I have tried to reformat a drive and it still doesn't work.
- fdisk -l (Lowercase L) This will identify the drive.
- In this example my USB drive is /dev/sdq1
- Mount it with the following:
- mount -t ntfs /dev/sdq1 /volumeUSB1/usbshare
To unmount the drive run the following command:
- umount /volumeUSB1/usbshare